Based at our regional office in the village of Elvington, our Lindum York division focuses on new build and refurbishment construction contracts up to £5m as well as planned and reactive maintenance works in the Yorkshire region.
We are currently seeking an experienced Site Manager to join the projects team, responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of construction sites in the region, usually within a 50 mile radius of York. We have a range of clients in a variety of sectors including affordable housing, food, retail, education, commercial, industrial and health.
Main responsibilities and roles include:
- Coordinating and clearly directing both directly employed site staff and contractors.
- Planning and programming all site activities and coordinating labour.
- Working closely with the Contracts/Project Manager to ensure work is progressing according to the programme with effective cost control.
- Promptly dealing with any issues and planning corrective actions.
- Proving regular updates, attending and leading progress meetings and subcontractor meetings.
- Maintaining the Group’s high quality and safety standards, working closely with our in-house Health, Safety and Environmental Team.
- Previous site management experience is essential; ideally housing, commercial and industrial jobs.
- You must be able to plan all aspects of construction operations and produce construction programmes. Comprehensive knowledge of construction processes and strong commercial awareness are required.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and people management skills are essential. You must be friendly and professional at all times when directly dealing with colleagues, contractors, clients, professionals and all others within the supply chain.
- An academic qualification (HNC, HND, Degree in a construction-related subject) would be an advantage.
- We are ideally seeking a candidate with in-date qualifications and training such as SMSTS, First Aid, Black Managers CSCS card, asbestos awareness, working at height, scaffold inspection.
- A full driving licence is essential.
The position is permanent and full time (45 hours per week, with willingness to be flexible). Lindum Group can offer a competitive package with benefits including company car or cash allowance, pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.
No agencies please.